If you are suffering from a build up of ear wax which is blocking your ear; causing hearing loss, tinnitus, dizziness or discomfort – then you should have the built up ear wax removed as soon as possible to prevent further problems with your hearing.
Ear Wax Removal is carried out by our Audiologist or Aural Care Specialist at our Heswall Clinic on Milner Road. The procedure normally takes between 20 and 30 minutes to complete and in most cases, relief is instant.
Micro Suction Wax Removal
Micro suction is the preferred method of ear wax removal used by ENT (ear nose and throat) consultants. It is a safe and pain-free method of wax removal. Micro Suction uses a low pressure suction device to remove the ear wax. It acts as a mini vacuum which some patients prefer.
Please remember, if you have not pre treated your ears or if your wax is not soft, then it will limit the success of your procedure and you will still be charged for your appointment.
Ear Irrigation Wax Removal
Ear irrigation uses water (at room temperature) which is gently flushed into the ear through a purpose made machine which controls the water pressure carefully and precisely so that the ear cannot be damaged.
The ear wax is softened and dislodged and then carried out of the ear by the gentle force of the water. Irrigation is different to ‘ear syringing’ which is an old fashioned type of removal where wax was literally syringed from the ear. Ear irrigation is performed by a qualified Nurse at most of our clinics. It is safe and painless. If you suffer with Tinnitus, ear irrigation will not worsen the condition.
Jane is our Audiologist and Claire is our Practice Nurse. Both Jane and Claire see patients for ear wax removal and are qualified in micro suction and irrigation.
- We can see patients aged 13+ and adults in Heswall
- Treatment is £65 for one appointment
- If you are experiencing pain or discharge in your ear, please visit your GP
- We cannot conduct ear wax removal if you are taking antibiotics for an ear infection or if you have an ear infection/discharge
- Ear irrigation or syringing is not suitable if you have prior perforations
- Please ensure you use oil for a minimum of 5 days as a follow up appointment is £55
- We are not an NHS clinic, we are a private clinic. All appointments are to be paid for